Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Casting Choices (WHO’S NEXT continued)



By Corey Floyd


It has been confirmed that Will Smith will be playing Genie in the live action adaptation of Aladdin. As much as I love Will Smith I’m not loving this casting choice. Which lead me back to the lab and had me thinking about who I would have as the Genie. I also began to think about who could play other characters as well especially since the DCEU is probably gonna keep rolling on.  So here are a few of my casting pics. If you haven’t seen any of these before checking it out here.
Image result for genie gif
As I said earlier I’m not 100% on board with Will Smith as the genie. But I do have a solution. Image result for dj khaled gif
Yes DJ KHALED. No, don’t close out this blog!!!! Hear me out if you have paid attention to this man you realize that he one of the funniest people out there. He’s energetic and handles himself great in all situations. His social media is hilarious and with his style and flair, he could make his own genie while Will Smith will automatically be in Robin’s shadow.
 Image result for Static shock gif
Next Up!! Virgil Hawkins aka Static Shock. This character made quite a few waves back in the day on Kids WB. He made a great appearance in the ill fated second season of Young Justice. With the CW fall lineup including Black Lighting I can help but feel Static will be behind the corner. So, of course, I have an idea or two.
Image result for shameik moore gif
My pick is Shameik Moore. Most of you should know him from the hit film DOPE and ill fated Netflix original The Get Down. I feel that he needs another chance to grace TV and after his energetic performance in The Get Down  that he could light up the screen as Virgil. Image result for jaden smith gif
Ugh! Fine if he continues to give compelling performances like he gave in The Get Down as well he can make a good Static too.  If he could only stop Trolling.  Related image
I’ve said this before but I am personally sick and tired of Arnold as the the Terminator. He has a good run I will not deny him that. After seeing Terminator Genisys it really is time for him to Hasta la vista. They had a better explanation on why he looked old than the actual plot of the film. By the way I hate Jai Courtney. But seriously he just doesn’t have it anymore. He doesn’t have that threatening look anymore, There’s no intimidation there he’s just too old it’s time to retire the T-800.  Meet the new Image result for brock lesnar
T-900.  Meet Brock Lesnar one of the most decorated fighters Heavyweight fighters in the world. He is currently the WWE champion.  He is also the perfect candidate for being a new Terminator. He doesn’t have to talk just look badass and kill. Look at this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5SjD-KcSkE he already has guns down. James Cameron don’t you think it’s time for a upgrade? I certainly do. It’s time to take the series to
Image result for suplex city.

My last one for today would be DC’s Black Spider.  There has been several people who have the title but I’m covering Eric Needham. He’s a vigilante like Batman but he’s a killer. In the new 52 he’s actually a very competent assassin you use tactics similar to the league of shadows. Has not had many outings but he is very relevant in the new 52 a member of the suicide squad. Since the film had a more than modest take in the box office there will be a sequel despite “mixed” reviews. So naturally they need someone to fill in this live action character.
 
My suggestion is Michael Jai White. He’s already played a few characters before. Some my remember him as Spawn which is currently on Netflix. He also played Jax in the Mortal Kombat web series from Machinima. With his infamous Martial arts background I feel like he could be a shoo in for this character. He’s also a very funny guy, he is the man behind Black Dynamite so if they want humor from him in the movie he can do that as well.
Related image
That it from me this week . But i will give a honorable mention to Patrick Stewart who could have played a live action Adrian Toomes if the went went the original Vulture for Spiderman.Image result for patrick stewart vultureImage result for vulture spider man. Don’t to download or podcasts and listen out for clues for our Destiny 2 giveaway as well subscribing to our youtube page. There will be giveaways coming up so i hope you paying attention.  See ya soon !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Set the whole web on fire- Madame Web review

  Madame Web is another stain on Sony’s sorry excuse of a Spiderman universe without Spiderman. Madame Web is a very interesting character t...